Friday, September 21, 2007

Let's Go Fly a Kite

Another reason that I love this city!! San Francisco has an annual kite festival where people come from all over to compete in kite contests. It was such a fun thing to go and watch. They had contests for biggest, most beautiful, longest tail, etc. kites. There were also these go carts that people sat in while holding huge kites that made the carts go. They controlled their steering with the kites too. It was cool to see!
Can you see the specs in the sky? They are all kites. They also had little stands where kids could make their own kites. At the end of the field they had bouncy toys set up for kids.
This is the kite that won for the longest tail. It's tail was 1000 ft. long! Crazy!!

9 comments:

Chelle and Aaron said...

Cute pictures! I'm sad we missed out on the kite flying event. We'll have to catch it another time.

Courtney said...

Looks like so much fun, love love that first picture, it is so beautiful!

Ang said...

How fun! I'm sad we missed out on it. Looks like you had a blast! We need to get more informed. We totally miss all these fun events for no reason!

Katy Springer said...

That picture of you and Kenadee is beautiful - it belongs on the cover of a magazine! She is so, so darling, with those huge, mesmerizing blue eyes... I can't wait to quit my job and spend more time with you!

Peterson Family said...

Sounds like fun! Cool kites... the little Kenadee is a doll. I am babysitting a little girl named Callie (11 mo. old) that reminds me of her for some reason... Same bright blue eye's, chubby cheeks, and big smile! :) Very cute!

Mindi said...

I wish I would have known about that. We love flying kites. When and where is it or was it this year?

Todd and Ashley said...

That sounds like so much fun Heather. I love the pictures and especially the one of you and Kenadee that is sepia tone. You take so many fun pictures. I also love the short clip of Kenadee's cute faces. I can see her teeth when she grins hard like that.

Racheal said...

I love that picture of you and Kenadee, it is too precious! Oh how I miss those San Fran events!

Patrick&Kera said...

this would have been super fun!!! sad we missed it.