Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pottys and Binkies

We are potty trained and binkie free! It's been a busy couple of weeks, but Kena did it! We started potty training about a month ago, ,but we just completed our first full no accidents week!! Kena even goes to the potty on her own, without help from mom!
We also said goodbye to the binkies last week. Its been me who was attached, and I finally decided to give it up! :) We had Kena put all of her binkies in a tin and put them on the front doorstep for the binkie fairy to take to babies who really need them. She got a cute little teddy and some treats in return, and hasn't complained since. I thought this was going to be so hard, I kept putting it off, but she did great!

4 comments:

The Chappell Fam said...

Way to go! I never would have given up the binkie if it weren't for Garrett. That picture of Kena is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a big girl! I LOVE the Binkie Fairy idea. I might have to share that with a couple other friends fighting that battle. Eden likes her thumb, and there's no getting rid of that in exchange for teddies. :) Way to go Kenadee!

Ang said...

Wahoo! that's awesome!

Peterson Family said...

Congrats! That is a BIG deal for BOTH of you. :) What a big girl you have, she's growing much too quickly! I was bummed that I wasn't able to make it out to you, and we missed you at dinner too! Looks like you were a busy girl!! :) Cute shower theme.

I hope to see you soon!!