Thursday, February 26, 2009

7 Months

Benson is 7 months now and he is busy!!
He had both of his bottom teeth break through. (You may have to enlarge the picture to see them.)
He also got his first big "owie".  He was in a walker and within seconds was in the kitchen just as my sister-in-law opened up the oven door.  She turned for just a second to put down the food she had pulled out, and Benson touched the oven door.  It was so sad, he screamed for at least 20 minutes.  I felt terrible because I couldn't do anything to comfort him!  As soon as Ben got home, he and my brother-in-law Eric gave this little guy a blessing and within minutes he stopped crying and even started laughing!  He didn't cry about his injury again.  The power of the priesthood is such a real thing!  I am so grateful for a husband who is worthy to hold that priesthood!!

10 comments:

Porter Family said...

Oh my! That makes me sick! Poor guy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those blisters are awful! Poor little guy. :(

The Chappell Fam said...

Wow, it looks like seven months is about the time for your little ones to experience their first burn. Wasn't Kena about that old with the soup? Poor things! Kenzie decided to try out my Chi the other day when I had my back turned and had her first run in with burn blisters as well. I hate that feeling of having them bawl and you can hardly do anything to calm them down! By the way, he is absolutely adorable. :)

Author said...

Oww! Poor little guy! Aside from that accident, I hope you guys are doing well.

Jeni Lyn said...

That is awful! Poor little guy. When Ethan was about 18 months he rode his bike into the BBQ. He had 2nd degree burns all over his hand. I felt terrible! He's got a cool scar now though.

Chelle and Aaron said...

So sad! I really miss those beautiful little ones...I'm not sure I can stand to not get to see them next month (although I am SUPER excited to see you guys and have some adult time). I guess we will just have to plan something else really soon where I get to see my babies too.

Todd and Ashley said...

Oh how sad Heather. His poor hand. It makes me hurt just looking at it. Poor little guy. I can't believe he is already 7 months old. And Kenadee just keeps looking more and more grown up.

Racheal said...

OUCH!What a sweet boy...That smile is to die for! I too am VERY grateful for the preisthood...with two boys in our house we use it quite frequently!

Ence's said...

You were not kidding. That looks like it really hurts. I am glad he is doing better.

Hillary said...

That's the saddest little hand. Poor little guy. The priesthood definitely is amazing.